Participant Directed Job Opportunities
Participant Directed program participants hire and manage their own employees. In Minnesota, Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) are home and community-based services that help people of all ages, across all types of disabilities, maintain their independence and determine for themselves what mix of supports and services work best for them.
In CDCS the person receiving the services or their designated representative chooses if they want to be a co-employer with Mains’l, or the sole employer of direct support workers. All individuals in CDCS manage their own employees.
Mains’l supports CDCS participants in finding support workers by allowing them to post here when they have a job opening. The Human Resources Department at Mains’l is not involved in these positions, so please contact the person listed within the description below if you are interested in working for them.
- Looking for a staff to support a 57 year old female who lives in an apartment in Brooklyn Center. This person enjoys her independence and is looking for assistance with personal needs such as showers, brushing teeth, and getting dressed. She is also seeking assistance with light housekeeping, laundry, and occasional grocery shopping. The right fit for this person is a female who is soft spoken, friendly, and understanding along with good boundaries and professionalism. The female candidate is required to have a valid drivers license and the ability to speak fluent English. If you are female and interested in applying, please contact Rose Anderson at 651-842-8452.
- Looking for support staff, in East Bethel, to help care for a 15 year old male with Down syndrome and Autism. This young man loves videos, movies and hanging out. He needs assistance with all activities of daily living including adult incontinence garments. We are looking for a support staff to hang out and play with him for five (5) hours from 12pm-5pm or 1pm-6pm on either Saturday or Sunday, allowing us an opportunity to complete errands. We are flexible with scheduling. If you are interested please contact Lisa at 612-723-1821 or email@example.com
- Seeking a part time employee to support a 19 year old man with autism in Brooklyn Park. Enjoy your time at work hanging out with this fun young man. Duties include helping him learn life skills and social skills. He loves going for walks at the mall. This young man has anxiety and needs assistance with calming techniques. Experience working with autism is preferred. This position is approximately 10 hours per week with the potential to increase. Wage is $14 per hour. Please send your resume to
- Seeking a part-time employee to work about 10-15 hours per week, mostly afternoons into the early evenings, in Minneapolis-Uptown area, working with a 35 year old male. The hours for this position are flexible and are dependent on healthcare appointments. Days of the week are also flexible, about 3-4 days per week and no weekends. This position will provide companionship, possibly taking him shopping or a to a movie, and other activities that will allow him interactions on a regular basis. He would like assistance in learning kitchen and cooking skills to broaden and improve his diet. This includes building skills in shopping for groceries, preparing meals, doing dishes, and cleaning the kitchen after meals. This person is a single male with chronic daily headaches and mood disorders. He suffers from depression and anxiety, but has never been overtly violent. Some of his likes, dislikes, and personality traits include the following: He loves the outdoors, including biking, hiking, and kayaking in the summer, and snowshoeing in the winter. He enjoys exercising at the gym anytime, but all of these activities are severely limited to how he is feeling and if he is well enough to do them. He is not a good communicator except in the rare instance that he’s both feeling well on the headache front and in an upswing on the mood front. This position ranges between $13.50 and $14.50 dependent on qualifications. If interested please contact Mike at 612-269-6845.
- Seeking a person who will work with a 19 year old female with down syndrome. This position would be a back up employee and would cover Monday and/or Tuesday shifts, in the afternoons, from 2:45 to 5:30 p.m. for the month of February and then be an occasional back up going forward. This position is in Elk River. Contact Connie at 763-856-6714 for more information.
- Seeking a part time employee to care for a happy young adult female in Ham Lake. This person is fed through a G-Tube and non-ambulatory. Hours are evenings from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and some Saturdays. Wage is $13.25 per hour. Contact Kathie at 763-780-3311 for consideration.
- Hi! I’m 67 years old and I’ve had both of my legs amputated below the knees. I live in my house in Hastings; we have two dogs, both are pretty old. My girlfriend lives with me. She used to take care of me, but she has some health issues and can’t do as much. She is on oxygen now, so no one can smoke in or near our house. I’m looking for someone to come help me a few hours each day, or for at least a couple of days a week. I need help getting out of my bed in to my wheelchair. I do have a hospital bed. When I’m up in my chair, I’d like someone to change and wash my sheets, maybe clean my room and cook some food for me. I like to watch sports on TV; I used to golf a lot. If you like to watch sports, it would be nice to have you watch TV with me. If you’re interested, please call my care coordinator, Kristy Odland at 651-788-1834.
- Cleaning and Laundry Helper Needed: Looking for someone to come to our home twice a week in the Western Suburbs of Minneapolis for two (2) to three (3) hours or once a week for four (4) to five (5) hours, each time, to help teach my son how to clean and organize. This position entails teaching him through visual supports. Duties include: Folding and putting away laundry, cleaning bedroom, changing and making his bed. Duties also include light dusting and floor cleaning. We prefer someone to work for two consistent days (days/times are flexible). If interested please contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeking part time help several days a month to include light cleaning, errands, and social activities. $16.40 per hour in St. Paul If interested please contact Val at email@example.com
- CDCS Direct Support Professional: to support an adult female who currently lives in her own home. Days/Hours: Three days a week; 3-4 hours Saturday and Sunday; 5 hours of your choice of Monday or Friday. Salary: $12+/hour based on experience; annual increases; PTO. Start time: between 10 am and 11 am Location: Woodbury; near 494 and Valley Creek Road. Working in one bedroom apartment complex setting. Primary Job Responsibilities: Assist with daily personal support including grooming and light exercise supervision, as well as outdoor walks. Varied household duties including: food preparation; dusting/vacuuming; kitchen, living, and bedroom clean-up; laundry; and occasional shopping. Interested Candidate Requirement: Enjoy helping people, ability to arrive at the scheduled time, reliable transportation, must pass a background, CNA certified or CNA student beneficial but not required. Please send email message of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for someone to assist in cooking meals for my son and sealing them up in freezer bags. Job would also include cleaning up dishes, pans, and the kitchen when we finish and wiping down counter-tops and stovetop. Position is located in New Hope area. Prefer someone to work any mornings except Monday or any evenings except Wednesday. If interested contact Betsy at email@example.com
- Looking for staff to provide direct care for young adult male in his home. (Located 4 miles South of Minnesota Lake) includes Mileage Reimbursement for travel. Responsibilities include preparing and feeding meals, administering medications, washing dishes and laundry, bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, and incontinence care. Training will be provided. A background check is required. Must be 18 years of age or older. This position is approximately 20 hours per week. Qualified individual will receive competitive wages through Mains’l Services. Please contact Sarah at 320-282-7308 if interested.
- Looking for someone with a flexible schedule; typically mornings and afternoons are needed although some availability for evenings and weekends is a plus. Candidate will help with transfers from shower and bath tub, applying lotion to back and feet. Range of motion exercises and walking with gait belt to help improve balance, as suggested by physical therapist (indoors.) The individual will also help getting to get in and out of the pool at YMCA and other related activities there 2 times per week. Would need help with shopping, light chores and food prep. Approximately 15 hours per week. Contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org Position is located in St. Paul.
- CDCS Staff /Driver in Bloomington. Looking for a CDCS Staff and Driver for 30 year old male living independently in Bloomington. Assist with transportation to and from work (from Bloomington 35 & 494 area to Eden Prairie Walmart and back) and grocery shopping plus Dr. appointments and other meetings/shopping. Duties also include meal planning, preparation, cooking and nutrition guidance, budgeting and financial planning including balancing checkbook, personal care for some grooming functions, light housecleaning, household management, & laundry. Also assist with socialization, health & hygiene. Must have reliable transportation and auto/truck in good working order, valid MN Drivers license, clean record. Mileage paid at current IRS rate $0.56 per mile. Please send cover letter and resume or a description of your experience and qualifications to Tom at email@example.com. Hours per week vary from 15 to 25. Depending on experience, pay is $14 to $17 per hour. This position available immediately – start right away! Typical hours are: Wednesday 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM & 8:00 – 9:00 PM, Thursday 12:PM – 5:00 PM & 8:30 – 9:30 PM, Saturday 11 – 4 PM, and other days or trips as needed
- Looking for in-home care for 50 year old with Parkinson’s and MS. This position is located in St. Paul. Individual needs help dressing, daily chores, and errands. Schedule is 20-25 hours a week. If interested please contact and talk to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-2721.
- Looking for someone to work with a wonderful woman in Plymouth Hours are flexible, prefer staff to work Monday and or Thursday. Approximately 4 hours per week. Position includes helping with menu planning, cooking, exercising and healthy eating. Pay is $12.50-$13.00 per hour. Contact Holly at – email@example.com if interested in this position
- Looking for someone fun to hang out with a teenage boy with autism. Must be Experience with autism. During the summer, you would accompany him to the day program he attends and go with him on trips to water parks, arcades, movies, etc. Lunch and activity fees are covered! He also enjoys the zoo, museums, and going on walks. Enjoy fun summer trips while getting paid! Schedule and hours are flexible, but ability to work weekends is a plus. During the school year, hours would be on afternoons, weekends, and during the day on breaks from school. Located in Savage. $15/hour, please contact Kumie Wong @ 952-297-7009
- Looking for someone active to hang out with 2 teenage boys with autism. Perfect for a college student looking for a fun, easy job! They are very involved with Special Olympics and a lot of fun to hang out with! Duties would include bringing them to practice every weekend, playing catch with them, and taking them on outings to the library, mall, zoo etc. Daytime hours are available during the summer! Schedule and hours are flexible; must be ability to work on weekends. Located in Savage. $15/hour Please contact Kumie Wong @ 952-297-7009
- Personal support staff needed for 15-year-old male teenager. Prefer someone that has experience working with persons on the Autism Spectrum, a non-smoker, and loves being active. Male applicants preferred but will hire a female. Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, previous direct care experience, the ability to pass a background check and driving record check. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Must have safe transportation to bring consumer out into the community to places such as after school events, recreational activities, etc. Location in Brooklyn Park. Hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 4:00 to 8:30 with the potential for more hours. Please call 612-618-5088. Pay $13.00 per hour.
- Laundry Helper: Need someone to come twice a week for two to three hours or once a week for 4 to 5 hours each time to help adult son learn to do laundry and clean and organize his room. Job would entail teaching him to use visual supports to sort laundry into loads, run the washer and dryer, hang clothes on hangers, fold clothes and put them in his drawers, pick up his room, and put clean clothes in his drawers with him in organized piles. I can be flexible on which days and times you come but would want to set up two consistent days. Position is located in New Hope. Contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Personal support staff needed for 15-year-old male teenager. Prefer someone that has experience working with persons on the Autism Spectrum, a non-smoker, and loves being active. Male applicants preferred but will hire a female. Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, previous direct care experience, the ability to pass a background check and driving record check. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Must have safe transportation to bring him to places such as after school events, recreational activities, etc. Location is in Brooklyn Park. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 4:00 to 8:30 with the potential for more hours. Please call 612-618-5088. Pay $13.00 per hour.
- Position location: Brooklyn Center – near the Brookdale Library. Hours/Days needed: Flexible. Sunday/Monday any hours. Tuesday-Saturday evenings. Below is an estimated schedule. Interested candidate needs to be available at minimum Sunday or Monday and be available 3 of the 5 evenings. Hours are: Sunday: 10-8, Monday: 10-8, Tuesday: 5-8, Wednesday:5-8, Thursday:5-8, Friday:5-8, and Saturday: 5-8. Duties of position: Assisting with grocery shopping, meal prep, IADLS (reminders) to shower, change clothes, laundry, light cleaning. Mental health – redirection, coping. Med reminders, community outings – thrift store shopping. Requirements of the staff includes driver’s license, to be a female and able to drive, comfortable passing medications. The ideal candidate is soft spoken and has experience with Mental Health clients. Please contact Rose (client’s guardian) email@example.com if interested in an interview or you have questions.