Participant Directed Job Opportunities
Participant Directed program participants hire and manage their own employees. In Minnesota, Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) are home and community-based services that help people of all ages, across all types of disabilities, maintain their independence and determine for themselves what mix of supports and services work best for them.
In CDCS the person receiving the services or their designated representative chooses if they want to be a co-employer with Mains’l, or the sole employer of direct support workers. All individuals in CDCS manage their own employees.
Mains’l supports CDCS participants in finding support workers by allowing them to post here when they have a job opening. The Human Resources Department at Mains'l is not involved in these positions, so please contact the person listed within the description below if you are interested in working for them.
- CDCS Direct Support Professional: to support an adult female who currently lives in her own home. Days/Hours: Three days a week; 3-4 hrs Saturday and Sunday; 5 hrs on your choice of Monday or Friday. Salary: $12+/hour based on experience; annual increases; PTO. Start time: between 10 am and 11 am Location: Woodbury; near 494 and Valley Creek Road. Working in one bedroom apartment complex setting.Primary Job Responsibilities: Assist with daily personal support including grooming and light exercise supervision, as well as outdoor walks. Varied household duties including: food preparation; dusting/vacuuming; kitchen, living, and bedroom clean-up; laundry; and occasional shopping. Interested Candidate Requirement: Enjoy helping people, ability to arrive at the scheduled time, reliable transportation, must pass a background, CNA certified or CNA student beneficial but not required. Please send email message of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need someone to come twice a week for two to three hours per time or once a week for 4 to 5 hours each time to help a 20 year old male learn to do laundry and clean and organize his room. Job would entail teaching him to use visual supports to:sort laundry into loads, run the washer and dryer, setting a timer to let him know when the load is finished hang clothes on hangers, fold and put away clothing and help clean his room.I can be flexible on which days and times you come but would want to set up two consistent days. I prefer Friday afternoon/evening or weekend time on either Saturday or Sunday. Job is located in New Hope. Contact Betsy if interested at email@example.com
- Looking for someone to assist in cooking meals for my son and sealing them up in freezer bags. Job would also include cleaning up dishes, pans, and the kitchen when we finish and wiping down counter-tops and stovetop. Position is located in New Hope area. Prefer someone to work any mornings except Monday or any evenings except Wednesday. If interested contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal support staff needed for our 20 year old son. Some experience working with person on the autism spectrum preferred, but not necessary. Prefer a younger male (in their 20’s) but will consider female applicant. Must have valid driver’s license and insurance. Duties include working on functional living skills such as laundry, money skills, simple meal prep, cleaning. Also including community outings such as shopping, YMCA, movies and other various activities. 20 hours per week (day hours for August). Afternoon and evening hours when school starts. We would love some occasional weekend hours also. Starting pay is $13/hour. Mileage reimbursed. Elk River location. Upon hire, background check and payroll (via direct deposit) will be conducted through Mains’l Services, Inc. If interested please email email@example.com (reference Mains’l in subject line) or call 763-412-5855.
- Needed ASAP: Looking for temp Support Staff for about 6 weeks, 4 days a week, 15-20 hours, hours flexible. Duties include light to medium house cleaning, help with grocery shopping, driving to and from appointments, laundry, special projects, food preparation, etc. This person must be good with dogs and cats and also must be good with kids too (it's summertime.) Position is located in Elk River. Contact Laura at 612-220-7368 (This position needs to be already background checked with Mains'l.)
- Looking for staff to provide direct care for young adult male in his home. (Located 4 miles South of Minnesota Lake) includes Mileage Reimbursement for travel. Responsibilities include preparing and feeding meals, administering medications, washing dishes and laundry, bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, and incontinence care. Training will be provided. A background check is required. Must be 18 years of age or older. This position is approximately 20 hours per week. Qualified individual will receive competitive wages through Mains’l Services. Please contact Sarah at 320-282-7308 if interested.
- Looking for someone with a flexible schedule; typically mornings and afternoons are needed although some availability for evenings and weekends is a plus. Candidate will help with transfers from shower and bath tub, applying lotion to back and feet. Range of motion exercises and walking with gait belt to help improve balance, as suggested by physical therapist (indoors.) The individual will also help getting to get in and out of the pool at YMCA and other related activities there 2 times per week. Would need help with shopping, light chores and food prep. Approximately 15 hours per week. Contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org Position is located in St. Paul.
- CDCS Staff /Driver in Bloomington. Looking for a CDCS Staff and Driver for 30 year old male living independently in Bloomington. Assist with transportation to and from work (from Bloomington 35 & 494 area to Eden Prairie Walmart and back) and grocery shopping plus Dr. appointments and other meetings/shopping. Duties also include meal planning, preparation, cooking and nutrition guidance, budgeting and financial planning including balancing checkbook, personal care for some grooming functions, light housecleaning, household management, & laundry. Also assist with socialization, health & hygiene. Must have reliable transportation and auto/truck in good working order, valid MN Drivers license, clean record. Mileage paid at current IRS rate $0.56 per mile. Please send cover letter and resume or a description of your experience and qualifications to Tom at email@example.com. Hours per week vary from 15 to 25. Depending on experience, pay is $14 to $17 per hour. This position available immediately - start right away! Typical hours are: Wednesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM & 8:00 - 9:00 PM, Thursday 12:PM - 5:00 PM & 8:30 - 9:30 PM, Saturday 11 – 4 PM, and other days or trips as needed
- Looking for in-home care for 50 year old with Parkinson's and MS. This position is located in St. Paul. Individual needs help dressing, daily chores, and errands. Schedule is 20-25 hours a week. If interested please contact and talk to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-2721.
- Looking for someone to work with a wonderful woman in Plymouth Hours are flexible, prefer staff to work Monday and or Thursday. Approximately 4 hours per week. Position includes helping with menu planning, cooking, exercising and healthy eating. Pay is $12.50-$13.00 per hour. Contact Holly at - email@example.com if interested in this position
- Looking for someone fun to hang out with a teenage boy with autism. Must be Experience with autism. During the summer, you would accompany him to the day program he attends and go with him on trips to water parks, arcades, movies, etc. Lunch and activity fees are covered! He also enjoys the zoo, museums, and going on walks. Enjoy fun summer trips while getting paid! Schedule and hours are flexible, but ability to work weekends is a plus. During the school year, hours would be on afternoons, weekends, and during the day on breaks from school. Located in Savage. $15/hour, please contact Kumie Wong @ 952-297-7009
- Looking for someone active to hang out with 2 teenage boys with autism. Perfect for a college student looking for a fun, easy job! They are very involved with Special Olympics and a lot of fun to hang out with! Duties would include bringing them to practice every weekend, playing catch with them, and taking them on outings to the library, mall, zoo etc. Daytime hours are available during the summer! Schedule and hours are flexible; must be ability to work on weekends. Located in Savage. $15/hour Please contact Kumie Wong @ 952-297-7009
- Personal support staff needed for 15-year-old male teenager. Prefer someone that has experience working with persons on the Autism Spectrum, a non-smoker, and loves being active. Male applicants preferred but will hire a female. Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, previous direct care experience, the ability to pass a background check and driving record check. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Must have safe transportation to bring consumer out into the community to places such as after school events, recreational activities, etc. Location in Brooklyn Park. Hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 4:00 to 8:30 with the potential for more hours. Please call 612-618-5088. Pay $13.00 per hour.
- Hi my name is Liz and I am 30 years old. I need a companion to share running errands - I love thrift stores and am a good bargain hunter. Organizing in my home - I like things easy to find - but need help with that. I may need you attending some of my appointments, Hanging out - I love sewing wigs and style and photos. I love cooking and am working on a new project called Liz Kitchen. I have a great sense of humor and love to get out and about. I have been in a committed relationship for 13 years. I have authored two books and I speak internationally about living with tough stuff. Right now I would like to try one afternoon a week for 4 hours. You need to know I do smoke - but respect not smoking in front of others. I am a Christian and I have five beautiful birds. I am located in Brooklyn Park. For more information contact my mom - Jodee Kulp either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-408-2942. I’m looking forward to meeting you. I would like someone a bit older than me and still into laughter and fun but not too old.
- Adult female lives in downtown Minneapolis is seeking someone part-time who has a vehicle and can help her to run errands and do light housekeeping- 2 days per week. Wage is 16.50 per hour. Please call 534-349-9105 for more information or to apply.
- Laundry Helper: Need someone to come twice a week for two to three hours or once a week for 4 to 5 hours each time to help adult son learn to do laundry and clean and organize his room. Job would entail teaching him to use visual supports to sort laundry into loads, run the washer and dryer, hang clothes on hangers, fold clothes and put them in his drawers, pick up his room, and put clean clothes in his drawers with him in organized piles. I can be flexible on which days and times you come but would want to set up two consistent days. Position is located in New Hope. Contact Betsy at email@example.com if interested.
- Personal support staff needed for 15-year-old male teenager. Prefer someone that has experience working with persons on the Autism Spectrum, a non-smoker, and loves being active. Male applicants preferred but will hire a female. Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, previous direct care experience, the ability to pass a background check and driving record check. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Must have safe transportation to bring him to places such as after school events, recreational activities, etc. Location is in Brooklyn Park. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 4:00 to 8:30 with the potential for more hours. Please call 612-618-5088. Pay $13.00 per hour.